All PyroGuard Extinguishment units include a solenoid valve and flow pressure switch for confirmation of water flow at each valve. The solenoid valves are a diaphragm type, having a self cleaning port which functions every time the valve is activated. This self cleaning action helps ensure that the valves will continue to open and close quickly. Over time, if the diaphragm and seals inside the valve start to wear, Clarke's can supply a complete repair kit. In most installations the valve repairs can be made without removal from the mounting surface.
- Suppression units are pre-plumbed with the solenoid valve, 'Y' strainer, and nozzles as one assembly, thereby reducing installation costs.
- The pre-plumbed unit has sufficient unions located to facilitate easy maintenance.
- Solenoid valve has a self-cleaning pilot hole to protect against contaminated water affecting the closing time of the valve.
- Spring loaded contamination free nozzles, available in brass or stainless steel.
- Stainless steel flush mounting adapters protect nozzles from wear.
- Pressure switch with filter on the discharge side of the valve allows for confirmation of water flow at each solenoid valve.
- Solenoid valve repair kits available, allowing for component repair without removal from suppression assembly.